Reduce fine lines, wrinkles, frown lines, crow’s feet and more with Botox or Dysport injections.
Botox & Dysport
The Magic of Botox & Dysport
Botox and Dysport are among the most popular skin rejuvenation techniques on the market today. Men and women of all ages take advantage of the powerful properties of Botox and Dysport to maintain and enhance their existing appearance, or to turn back the hands of time.
Botox and Dysport are commonly used to treat fine lines, wrinkles, frown lines, 11 lines (11s), crows feet and more. They can target specific areas where you’d like your skin tightened or smoothed, all while giving you a natural and more youthful appearance. With years of experience and results, Innovative Medspa is your best choice for Botox and Dysport in Chicago.
Botox vs. Dysport
Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxic protein produced by the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria and related species. The FDA approved the use of Botulinum toxin for medical use in 1989 and the commercial form of Botulinum bacteria type A was marketed as Botox. Medically it was used to treat excessive sweating, repetitive neck spasm, lazy eye, overactive bladder, and sometimes to prevent chronic migraine.
The FDA approved the cosmetic use of Botox in 2002. Botox is a purified form of Botulinum toxin-A. Botox is a chemical prescription that temporarily paralyzes your muscle activity by releasing neurotransmitters from the nerve into your muscle. It relaxes your facial muscles and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It has the ability to reduce frown lines, crow’s feet, as well as forehead furrows.
Dysport is similar to Botox, and both use the same primary active ingredient, but Dysport has a different protein attached to the botulinum toxin A molecule. It is also used to treat fine lines and wrinkles from facial expressions. The effects of Botox and Dysport both last for up to four months, with noticeable results appearing within two weeks after treatment.
Your Botox or Dysport Appointment
Botox and Dysport, when used precisely by an experienced professional, has astounding results and can make you look several years younger.
Your Botox and Dysport treatment will begin with a consultation with our trained and experienced healthcare providers who will determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure. They will review your medical history, present medical condition, medications, and allergies before conducting a physical examination.
Requirements for Receiving Botox or Dysport
There are a few basic requirements for those who wish to receive Botox or Dysport, as follows:
- You are above 18 years of age
- You do not have any skin infection in the area being treated
- You have not received any recent cosmetic procedure in or near the area being treated
- You are not pregnant, want to be pregnant or are breastfeeding
- You do not have any disease that affects your muscles or nerves
- You are not allergic to any ingredients present in Botox or Dysport cosmetics
If you are an ideal candidate, a treatment plan is created which will include the amount of Botox or Dysport you will receive and the injection site will be determined.
What Will the Procedure be Like?
During the procedure, a mild cleanser or a disinfectant is applied to the area. Our healthcare providers will offer to numb the area to avoid any discomfort during the procedure. With the use of a topical anaesthetic cream or a cold pack, the area is numbed. A microneedle is used to inject Botox or Dysport into the targeted area, directly into your facial muscles. The pain is usually minimal as the needle used is small and narrow. Ice and pressure are applied after injecting Botox or Dysport.
After the treatment, you will be asked not to:
- Lie down for a few hours
- Rub the area that was treated
- Exercise or perform strenuous activities for at least 24 hours
Bruising, swelling, pain, tenderness, numbness, and redness in the area that was treated, are common side effects of Botox and Dysport injections. It can also be common to experience a headache, and very rarely one may experience drooping eyelids. These side effects reduce gradually and disappear within a few days. These side effects are very common and do not cause any severe damage.
How Long do Botox and Dysport Results Last?
The results of Botox and Dysport differ from one person to another. You should know that Botox and Dysport are not permanent solutions to treat wrinkles and fine lines. The effects of Botox and Dysport will diminish over time, and you may need to repeat the treatment. The period of its effects depends on several factors which are:
- Age plays a vital role in determining whether the Botox treatment will last long.
- How much sun you get as well as the damage caused by the harmful UV rays determine the length of the Botox/Dysport effect.
- Do you smoke? Smoking has an adverse effect on Botox and Dysport.
- If you have less muscle tone, the effects of Botox diminish sooner than those with firmer muscles.
- Surprisingly, your facial structure can either lengthen or shorten the effects of Botox and Dysport.
- Last but not least, your skin care regime determines the length of Botox and Dysport effects. A good skin care regime which includes skin nutrition helps to lengthen the effects of Botox and Dysport. How you take care of your skin, what products you use, how healthy you eat are among a few factors that can affect Botox and Dysport.
Take Years Off Your Appearance with Botox or Dysport Treatments
While some people see long-lasting results, others experience ‘tox effects diminishing sooner than expected. The factors mentioned above play a vital role in determining the length of the effects from Botox and Dysport on your face. Administering Botox or Dysport under a trained and experienced hand is not enough. You are also required to strictly follow the post-treatment care to avoid any side effects associated with the treatment. Adopting a good and healthy lifestyle gives tremendous benefits and added value to the effects of Botox and Dysport.
Give us a call and book an appointment with us at Innovative MedSpa. We are the premier medspa for Botox and Dysport in Chicago. Come give us a visit.