Reduce fine lines, wrinkles, frown lines, crow’s feet and more with Botox injections.
The Magic of Botox
With no shortage of reasons why skin looks less vibrant and more wrinkled as we age, it’s no wonder that Botox is one of the most popular skin rejuvenation techniques on the market today. Men and women of all ages take advantage of the powerful properties of Botox to maintain and enhance their existing appearance or to turn back the hands of time. Botox can be used to target specific areas where you’d like your skin tightened or smoothed out, all while giving you a natural and more youthful appearance.
What is Botox?
Botulinum toxin is a neurotoxic protein produced by the Clostridium Botulinum bacteria and related species. There are eight types of Botulinum toxin, from type ‘A’ through type ‘H’, but only type A, and type B are used commercially in medicine and cosmetics. The FDA approved the use of Botulinum toxin for medical use in 1989 and the commercial form of Botulinum bacteria type A was marketed as Botox. Medically it was used to treat excessive sweating, repetitive neck spasm, lazy eye, overactive bladder, and sometimes to prevent chronic migraine.
The FDA approved the cosmetic use of Botox in 2002. Botox is a purified form of Botulinum toxin-A, and it does not cause any fatal illness in human beings. Botox is a chemical prescription that temporarily paralyzes your muscle activity by releasing neurotransmitters from the nerve into your muscle. It relaxes your facial muscles and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. It has the ability to reduce frown lines, crow’s feet, as well as forehead furrows.
The Botox Procedure
Botox, when used precisely by an experienced professional, has astounding results and can make you look several years younger.
Your Botox treatment will begin with a consultation with our trained and experienced healthcare providers who will determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure. They will review your medical history, present medical condition, medications, and allergies before conducting a physical examination.
Requirements for Receiving Botox
There are a few basic requirements for those who wish to receive Botox, as follows:
- You are above 18 years of age
- You do not have any skin infection in the area being treated
- You have not received any recent cosmetic procedure in or near the area being treated
- You do not have asthma or any breathing problems
- You do not take blood thinners or have a bleeding problem
- You are not pregnant, want to be pregnant or are breastfeeding
- You do not have any disease that affects your muscles or nerves
- You are not allergic to any ingredients present in Botox cosmetics
- You are not allergic to any other brand of botulinum toxin like Dysport.
If you are an ideal candidate, a treatment plan is created which will include the amount of Botox you will receive and the injection site will be determined.
What Will the Procedure be Like?
During the procedure, a mild cleanser or a disinfectant is applied to the area. Our healthcare providers will offer to numb the area to avoid any discomfort during the procedure. With the use of a topical anaesthetic cream or a cold pack, the area is numbed. A microneedle is used to inject Botox into the targeted area, directly into your facial muscles. The pain is usually minimal as the needle used is small and narrow. Ice and pressure are applied after injecting Botox.
After the treatment, you will be asked not to:
- Lie down for a few hours
- Rub the area that was treated
- Use blood thinners for a couple of days
- Exercise or perform strenuous activities for at least 24 hours
Bruising, swelling, pain, tenderness, numbness, and redness in the area that was treated, are common side effects of Botox injections. It can also be common to experience a headache, and very rarely one may experience drooping eyelids. These side effects reduce gradually and disappear within a few days. These side effects are very common and do not cause any severe damage.
How Long do Botox Results Last?
The results of Botox differ from one person to another. You should know that Botox is not a permanent solution to treat wrinkles and fine lines. The effects of Botox will diminish over time, and you may need to repeat the treatment. The period of its effects depends on several factors which are:
- Age plays a vital role in determining whether the Botox treatment will last long.
- How much sun you get as well as the damage caused by the harmful UV rays determine the length of the Botox effect.
- Do you smoke? Smoking has an adverse effect on Botox.
- If you have less muscle tone, the effects of Botox diminish sooner than those with firmer muscles.
- Surprisingly, your facial structure can either lengthen or shorten the effects of Botox.
- Last but not least, your skin care regime determines the length of Botox effects. A good skin care regime which includes skin nutrition helps to lengthen the effects of Botox. How you take care of your skin, what products you use, how healthy you eat are among a few factors that can affect Botox.
Take Years Off Your Appearance with Botox Treatments
While some people see long-lasting results, others experience the Botox effects diminishing sooner than expected. The factors mentioned above play a vital role in determining the length of the effects from Botox on your face. Administering Botox under a trained and experienced hand is not enough. You are also required to strictly follow the post-treatment care to avoid any side effects associated with the treatment. Adopting a good and healthy lifestyle gives tremendous benefits and added value to the effects of Botox.
Give us a call and book an appointment with us at Innovative MedSpa. We can help you get a youthful, flawless face with Botox.