Whether it’s acne scars, pigmentation, wrinkles or blemishes you’re worried about, micro-needling is a proven treatment to smooth and revive skin tone.
Revive Skin with Micro-Needling
Have you heard of Collagen induction therapy through micro-needling? It is a minimally invasive technique that helps in the production of collagen in the body. Collagen is a protein found abundantly in your body. It gives structure to your skin, bones, muscles, and other connective tissues. When you start to age, your body fails to produce the amount of collagen needed to have a youthful skin. As a result, you start to show early signs of aging such as wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, and such. Your age spots, acne scars and blemishes start to appear more distinctly, making you look old and tired. Solution? Micro-needling!
Micro-needling or collagen induction therapy is a minimally invasive technique to treat various scars, wrinkles, and large pores on your skin. Micro-needling uses needles to puncture hundreds of tiny holes in your skin. The tiny pricks push the skin into healing mode and stimulate collagen and elastin production. The collagen produced improves the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, pores, and scars by plumping the skin from underneath. The tiny holes caused by the micro-needling process are called micro-channels which allow your skin to absorb skin care products. The skin care products penetrate the skin through micro-channels and are absorbed into the deeper layers of your skin, giving you astounding results.
Benefits of Micro-Needling
Micro-needling has several benefits, which are:
- It addresses many skin related problems such as wrinkles, acne, acne scars, fine lines, loose skin and hyperpigmentation
- It is used in treating alopecia or baldness
- It improves the collagen production in your body
- It can be used to deposit medication, such as topical tretinoin or Vitamin C, deeper into the skin
- It can be combined with other rejuvenation techniques such as PRP to induce collagen and elastin growth
- The treatment takes about twenty to thirty minutes of your time
- It is a virtually painless technique
- There is minimum to no downtime associated with the procedure.
Micro-Needling with SkinPen
The SkinPen is a state-of-the-art micro-needling device approved by the U.S. FDA to improve the appearance of facial acne scars. It is also used to improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and scars on your face and body. It induces your skin into a self-repair mode by creating thousands of precise micro-injuries in the dermis which automatically triggers new collagen production without the formation of scar tissue.
The benefits of the SkinPen include:
- It can be used on patients of all skin types, light to dark
- There are different treatment depths for different issues
- It stimulates the skin’s natural ability to repair itself
- It can be used on face, neck, and décolletage
- The results of the procedure are long lasting
- The procedure takes about thirty minutes and has little to no downtime
- It has a positive effect on hyperpigmentation, scarring and stretch marks apart from other signs of aging.
At Innovative MedSpa, we use the SkinPen Precision micro-needling device to treat signs of aging. The micro-needling procedure starts with a consultation with trained health care professionals who will determine whether you are an ideal candidate for the procedure or not. Your medical records, allergies, and present medical condition will be reviewed to ensure that you are an ideal candidate. A physical examination will be conducted to decide the treatment plan and the number of treatments you will need.
What Can I Expect from a SkinPen Micro-Needling Treatment?
The SkinPen offers different treatments for different issues:
- Shallow depth micro-needling: The needles are approximately 0.5 mm thick and are used for treating fine lines, pores, texture, and minor scarring. It is used for penetrating solutions and improving thin skin.
- Medium depth micro-needling: The needles are approximately 1.0 mm thick and are used for fine lines, mild scarring, and stretch marks. It enables deeper penetration of solutions.
- Deeper depth micro-needling: The needles are approximately 1.5 mm to 3.0 mm thick and are used to treat deep acne scars, stretch marks, deep wrinkles, surgical and traumatic scars, enlarged pores, and texture. It enables the deepest penetration of solutions.
The targeted area is cleaned with an antiseptic or disinfectant. A numbing cream is applied thirty minutes prior to the treatment to avoid any discomfort during the procedure. The SkinPen is gently moved around the face to create tiny holes on your skin’s surface. Several overlapping passes are made based on the depth of the skin condition. After-treatment care is given to you to avoid any side effects.
Find Out if Micro-Needling is Right for You
You are an ideal candidate for the procedure if:
- You are above 22 years of age
- You do not have any infection or injury in the treated area
- You do not take blood thinners or have a bleeding problem
- You do not have a skin disease
- You have not had any other skin rejuvenation treatments recently
If you are interested in the SkinPen treatment, contact us at Innovative MedSpa.