Sculpt and thin your chin, neck and jawline with a nonsurgical injection technique used to reduce excess fat beneath the chin
A Non-Invasive Solution for Double Chins (Submental Fat)
A common problem many men and women face is the appearance of a double chin, or too much fat in the chin and neck areas just below the jawline. The appearance of a double chin, also called submental fat, can come from weight gain, aging, genetics, or hormonal changes. Even if weight loss is accomplished in other parts of the body, submental fat can be stubborn and remain despite efforts to reduce it through diet and exercise.
A double chin or too much submental fat can detract from one’s facial aesthetics, and it can make the face look older over time. Until fairly recently the only tool for addressing this was liposuction, which some people find to be too invasive. For those who prefer a less invasive method of reducing submental fat, Kybella is the perfect option for sculpting and slimming the chin and neck areas.
What is Kybella?
Kybella is made from synthetic deoxycholic acid, a bile acid that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fats. It is a naturally occurring molecule in your body. Deoxycholic acid, when injected under the chin, destroys the fat cells and results in the reduction of the bloated fullness under the chin. Deoxycholic acid mimics the body’s natural fat absorption process. As these cells cannot accumulate or store fat once they are destroyed, you won’t need further treatment. Kybella is a prescription medicine approved by the FDA and it is used to treat the fat below your chin, also called double chin or submental fat.
Benefits of Kybella
Kybella is a perfect solution, and the first and only non-surgical treatment, to help get rid of a double chin. If offers several benefits in addition to getting rid of submental fat. These benefits include:
- It can be used to treat other parts of the body such as the bra line, knees, abdomen fat, upper arms, and thighs that otherwise are difficult to reduce.
- As it can be used to treat other parts of the body, it eliminates the need for liposuction
- There is no need for a repeated treatment as deoxycholic acid can mimic the body’s natural fat absorption process; the fat cells once destroyed do not regenerate. In short, it is a permanent solution.
- It is a minimally invasive treatment that has minimal or no downtime. With Kybella, you can avoid invasive surgery to get rid of your double chin.
- The procedure defines the jawline and gives you a well-sculpted look, making you look younger.
What Does the Treatment Consist of?
The Kybella treatment begins with our medical practitioner determining whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure or not. Your medical history, present medical condition, medications, and allergies will be reviewed to decide if you are the right candidate. The medical practitioner will proceed with a physical examination. Based on the physical examination, a treatment plan will be created. The treatment plan will include the injection site and the amount of Kybella to be injected. It will also include the number of treatments you will need depending on the depth of the fat that is accumulated under your chin.
During the treatment, the targeted area under your chin will be cleaned using an antiseptic. The injection site is marked as per the plan. Our medical practitioner may use an ice pack or an anesthetic cream to numb the area. This will help reduce any discomfort you may feel during the procedure. Kybella is then injected in the marked area. The procedure does not take more than twenty minutes. You can get back to your day to day activities soon after the treatment.
Is Kybella Right for You?
There is a lot of demand for the Kybella treatment as it is minimally invasive with no downtime. There are a few situations in which Kybella would not be an appropriate treatment. If your answer to any of these questions is “yes,” you may not be a candidate for Kybella and should consult with your practitioner to determine another procedure that would be better for you:
- Are you under 18 years of age?
- Do you take blood thinners? Or do you have any bleeding problems?
- Are you pregnant, lactating, breastfeeding, or planning to be pregnant?
- Have you had any facial surgery or a facial rejuvenation treatment recently?
- Do you have an injury, infection, cyst, sore, in the area to be treated?
- Do you have a problem breathing?
- Do you have trouble swallowing, or any medical condition in your neck or neck area?
Several medical service providers offer the Kybella treatment to get rid of the fat under the chin. The Kybella treatment has to be administered by a trained, experienced practitioner. Inexperienced and untrained hands may fail to give the right definition to your jawlines. At Innovative MedSpa, our medical practitioners and staff are well trained and experienced in handling every treatment and will provide the best treatment for your aesthetic needs.