Refresh and rejuvenate your skin with a fast, non-invasive treatment.
Proven Treatment for Skin Imperfections
Our skin determines how old we look. If you have a lot of wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, blemishes, scars, and acne, among others, your skin looks old and tired, making you look older than you are. Skin imperfection is a common problem that everyone faces at some point in his or her life.
The first step to beautiful, youthful skin is a healthy lifestyle with a proper diet, hydration and exercise, and a good skin care regimen. Additionally, there are many different treatments that can be applied to the skin to rejuvenate it and help it recover from the ravages of time or other damage. One particularly effective treatment is the chemical peel.
Instant Skin Improvement
You may have tried every skin product in the market to get smooth youthful skin, and failed. Many products available on the market promise a youthful appearance but fail to show results immediately. Some products may show results in the long run, but that is not true for all of them. The effects of the chemical peel treatment start to show results within a couple of days and last for a long time.
The chemical peel treatment is a technique used to improve the texture of the skin by treating skin irregularities. The treatment involves a chemical being applied to your skin, which makes your skin blister and peel off. The chemical is designed to remove the outermost layers of your skin and leave the inner layer intact. The result of this treatment gives you a smooth and less wrinkled skin.
What Does a Chemical Peel Do?
A chemical peel is a helpful treatment to correct the imperfections caused by:
- Poor nutrition: Your body needs nutrition to keep the cells healthy, which otherwise leads to several skin problems, which include dull and uneven skin, age spots, and patchiness.
- Sun damage: overexposure to the harmful UV rays causes skin damage that includes wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin-tone, age-spots, and dryness.
- Stress and hormones: Hormone variation is usually caused by pregnancy or menopause. When you are stressed, your skin starts to react and causes wrinkles, lines, hyperpigmentation, uneven skin tone, and uneven skin texture.
- Exposure to pollution and harsh weather: It leads to dull and uneven skin, wrinkles, dehydrated skin, and hyperpigmentation
- Poor skin care regimen: Improper treatment of skin and poor skin nutrition leads to skin imperfections.
Different Types of Chemical Peels
There are several chemical peels available on the market that you can buy and use at home. But it is advised to undertake this treatment with a professional healthcare provider as there is no high risk of chemical reactions for these products under professional supervision. There are three different types of chemical peels that professionals use:
- Superficial or lunchtime peel: It uses alpha-hydroxy or another mild acid which penetrates only to the outer layer of the skin, leaving the inner layers intact. It gently exfoliates the skin and improves the appearance of slight discoloration and rough skin. It is suitable for all skin types, and it can be used to refresh the face, neck, hands, and chest.
- Medium peel: It uses trichloroacetic or glycolic acid to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin and gently exfoliate it. It is used to smooth rough skin and treat precancerous skin growth. It helps improve the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, age spots, and freckles, as well as moderate skin discoloration.
- Deep peel: It uses trichloroacetic acid or phenol to penetrate the middle layer of the skin and remove the damaged skin cells. A deep peel is used only on the face, and the results are dramatic. It removes moderate lines, freckles, age spots, and shallow scars. Unlike superficial and medium peels, this procedure can be performed only once.
The Ultimate in Experienced Skin Care
Chemical peels are not suitable for every person. If you have sensitive skin, a chemical peel may cause more intense side effects that may damage your skin and hence it is essential to seek professional help. If you would like to know whether a chemical peel is a treatment for you, call us and book an appointment with our professionals at Innovative MedSpa.