Feeling self-conscious about your smile and the skin surrounding your mouth is no fun. Volbella is designed specifically to treat this area with natural-looking results.
The Best Injectable for Lines & Wrinkles Around the Mouth
The look and shape of your lips and the skin surrounding them is cause for several cosmetic concerns, as wrinkles and lack of volume can cause the whole face to look tired or less vibrant. Volbella is a dermal filler that has been specifically designed for the lips and the skin directly surrounding them, and it acts to improve the shape, fullness and overall appearance of the lower part of your face.
Volbella differs from other injectables in its advanced technology, which results in less swelling as well as more natural and long-lasting results. For these reasons, many men and women turn to Volbella to address vertical lines around their mouths, down-turned mouth corners, lip volume and shape, and marionette lines (the lines that extend from the mouth to the chin).
What's the Difference Between Juvederm and Volbella?
Before you are introduced to Volbella, you need to know about Juvederm. Juvederm is an FDA approved family of injectables used to treat moderate to severe wrinkles, fine lines, and folds. It is a family of fillers that uses hyaluronic acid to treat damaged skin. Hyaluronic acid helps retain moisture, delivers nutrients to the skin, adds softness and volume to the skin. It is a naturally occurring substance in your body.
Volbella is an injectable that belongs to the Juvederm family of dermal fillers. The FDA approved it in May 2016. It is a thin, gentle filler designed explicitly for lip volume and contours. It uses the patented Vycross technology and is best suited for enhancement of your lips. It is also used in the correction of lipstick lines, also called perioral lines that appear on your mouth and around the lips.
Benefits of Volbella
Volbella is designed to minimize the appearance of fine lines that appear around your mouth by plumping the lips. It comes with a list of benefits that include the following:
- As hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in your body, Volbella injectables don’t need to be tested for allergies.
- Volbella is made of smaller particles, and hence, it does not make the lip puffy or bulky.
- A single treatment lasts up to a year
- It is a simple and painless treatment that gives a subtle natural look
- It helps to contour the lips and gives you a youthful appearance
- It is a non-surgical treatment, and hence there are no scars left behind
- It is an in-house treatment that does not last more than thirty minutes
- Apart from lip enhancement, it smooths out the lines around your mouth
- There is no downtime associated with the procedure.
The side effects of this treatment are minimal. Bruising, redness, tenderness, pain, and itching in the area treated are common, and most times, the side effects disappear within a couple of days.
What does Volbella Treatment Entail?
Juvederm Volbella must be administered under trained and experienced hands, failing to do this will bring disastrous results. Imagine that the symmetry of your lips do not go with the balance of your face. What if your lower lip is thin and the upper lip is very plump? Would that be aesthetically pleasing? At Innovative MedSpa, your satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. Your treatment will start with a consultation with an experienced medical practitioner. Your medical history, present medical condition, medications, and allergies will determine if you are a suitable candidate for the procedure. Our medical practitioner will review your medical records and will give you a physical examination. Based on the physical examination, and your expectations, a treatment plan will be created. The treatment plan will include the injection site, amount of Volbella to be used and the desired contour of your lips.
During the procedure, the targeted area is cleaned using an antiseptic, and the injection site is marked. As endurance of pain varies from one person to another, you will be offered a numbing agent to numb the site during the treatment. This helps to reduce the discomfort while Volbella is injected. An ultra-needle is used to inject Volbella to the area. The area is gently massaged to relieve any pain you may experience.
The treatment takes from fifteen to thirty minutes. Once the procedure is over, you will be given a post-treatment care to follow. You can resume your day to day activities immediately after the procedure.
Is Volbella Right for You?
If you think Juvederm Volbella is for you, check if you are the right candidate. You are a suitable candidate if:
- You are 21 years or older
- You are not pregnant, breastfeeding, lactating or planning to be pregnant soon
- You have not had any facial rejuvenation treatments or surgeries recently
- You are not taking blood thinners or have a bleeding problem
- You do not have an injury, an infection, sore, or cyst in the area to be treated
- You are not taking immunosuppressants. Immunosuppressants can increase the risk of infection
Call us and make an appointment at Innovative MedSpa if you are interested in the Juvederm Volbella treatment that can make you look several years younger in just thirty minutes or less.